Sunday, April 24, 2005

Karachi: Searching for Books

How to find a book in Karachi? I am uncertain about it. It is very difficult to find a book here. I needed Shakespeare's TWELFTH NIGHT and its notes. I searched about 20 book stores for it. But i was unable to find it. Even i searched Gulshan-e-Iqbal, where I was sure to find the desired book. But the book sellers replied with a simple NO.

On the other hand, there are many computer and CDs related shops in every town. I was surprised to know that there are about 3 computer shops in comparison to 1 Book shop. It shows the intention of our society. Computer is getting importance in every field. while books are losing its importance in the society.

I believe that Computer and TV cannot replace the importance of Books. Books give us the KNOWLEDGE and Computer and TV give us the INFORATION. Both are different. So what do you want to get? Knowledge or Information?

0 comments:

 
;